There is more information (and a growing list of tips / comments) on the Lymm and District Ukraine Support Group (a Facebook group - you don't need a Facebook account to view this group & read updates)
Lymm WhatsApp Groups
There are WhatsApp Groups available for:
- Lymm Ukrainian Hosts - A WhatsApp group for support for local families at any stage of the hosting process
- Ukrainian Supporters Lymm - A WhatsApp group for people offering help with the Ukrainian guests in Lymm and wider Warrington area. If you have any ideas, suggestions or time to offer, please get in touch
- Ukrainian Guests - A WhatsApp group in Ukrainian language for Ukrainian guests only for those staying locally within Lymm
Please get in touch if you wish to access any of these WhatsApp groups.
Warrington Borough Council
If you live within Warrington Borough Council, and are talking to a potential guest, contact the refugee officer Di White email: email Ukraine@warrington.gov.uk. Diane is the Wellbeing Service Manager & Operational Lead for Asylum Seekers & Refugees.
She has asked if you can send her details of your guests as soon as you’re aware you’ve had a match as it will help to speed this end of things up.
- Makeup of family (ages, genders and relationships), any special needs and then your details (name, address etc).
- A brief description of the accommodation you have that might be helpful
- Ideally this should be ASAP - before the visa is issued, and can just be a provisional situation
If you live within Warburton / Partington / Altrincham there is a South Trafford Facebook Group - A group offering help, support and a warm welcome to hosts and new residents arriving from Ukraine
Greater Manchester & North West UK Welcomes Ukranians
Whether you're a host, a refugee, a volunteer or a supporter, this is the Manchester based, North West UK regional group that will keep you informed about news, events, and hyper local microgroups that may be relevant to you. Posts offering or looking for accomodation are not permitted. Instead you'll be signposted to appropriate help. Please join the group to find out more